RESPONSIBLE TO: Vice President
Provide assistance and support for Agency data collection and analysis. At the beginning of the internship, the Vice President will provide training and an introduction to the intern’s project/s for the semester. Once training is complete and the project is underway, the intern must be able to work independently, with weekly meetings with the Vice President.
1. Responsible for data entry as determined by the Vice President.
2. Design Excel spreadsheet for data entry.
3. Perform research as directed by the Vice President and compiling, analyzing and documenting results. This may include conducting phone, electronic or in- person client satisfaction surveys.
4. Review data for completeness and accuracy. Follows up with appropriate personnel to obtain required information.
5. Demonstrates an understanding for client confidentiality to protect the client’s information.
6. Other relevant duties assigned.
- Data entry skills – must be able to accurately and carefully enter data into a variety of databases.
- Proficiency in Excel and Survey Monkey.
- Critical thinking skills including the ability to extrapolate and analyze data.
- Ability to provide professionally written analysis of data and end of project reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with all those contacted in the work,
- Ability to implement some problem-solving independently, manage daily tasks associated with a project independently and bring a project to a successful conclusion.
- Embraces and exhibits conduct consistent with the mission and values of LifeBridge Community Services.
- Ability to view the organization holistically.
- A sensitivity to the population that we serve.
If you feel you’re a good fit for a student internship position with us, complete and submit the LifeBridge Student Internship Application to hr@LifeBridgeCT.org. Resume and cover letters are welcome.