The Urban Scholars Program
The Urban Scholars Program assists youth residing in The West End of Bridgeport, ages 11-15 and entering grades 6-10, by providing them with an array of academically engaging activities designed to promote learning and prosocial behaviors in a way that young people will find enjoyable. Our goal is to help youth as they navigate life’s challenges and increase their opportunities to build resiliency. Interested? Complete this form and we’ll contact you!
Location: LifeBridge Community Services, 475 Clinton Avenue, Bridgeport
Cost: The Urban Scholars Program is FREE of charge.
Eligibility & Applications
After School Program: Scholars age 11 to 15 living in Bridgeport or currently enrolled in grades 6 to 9 in a Bridgeport public or charter school.
- An application must be completed and signed by the student’s parent or legal guardian.
- All new scholars and their parent/guardian must interview prior to participation.
- Scholar must provide a copy of a current physical (within one year).
- Applications are accepted until spaces are filled.
Summer Program: Scholars age 11 to 15 living in Bridgeport or entering grades 6 to 10 in a Bridgeport public or charter school in Fall, 2023.
Questions? Contact Kim Johnson at 203-368-5548 or email email@example.com.
The Urban Scholars After School Program
Are you looking for a program where young teens can try new things and safely spend time with friends?
When: September – June 3:00 – 6:00 PM
- Program runs Monday through Friday on days when the Bridgeport Public Schools are in session.
- Scholars commit to participating for the entire program, unless noted at registration.
- Download the Urban Scholars Program After School Brochure for additional information.
Please complete and submit required forms:
The Urban Scholars Summer Day Camp
LifeBridge’s Urban Scholars Summer Day Camp operates June 27 — August 19 from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM. Scholars sign-up for the entire summer. The summer begins with a two-week sampler program, followed by a personalized schedule based upon their interests. Specialty areas include Visual Arts, Digital Media, Robotics, STEM, Sports and Fitness, Cosmetology, and Career Exploration. Academic Enrichment, Music Lessons, and Clubs provide additional ways to grow and have fun. Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks are provided. Camp is FREE. Interested? Please complete the online form and a staff member will contact you.
Please complete and print the forms below and return to Kim Johnson.