The Urban Scholars Program
Our Urban Scholars Program builds youth’s resilience through interaction in activities with supportive peers and adult mentors, and access to academic support – each strengthening youth’s academic, social and emotional well-being. The program implements the Heartfulness Institute Social Emotional Learning Curriculum and integrates an invention-oriented, hands-on science curriculum for STEM developed by the Connecticut Invention Convention. We strive to help youth as they navigate life’s challenges and increase their opportunities to build resiliency. The program is offered free of charge and operates year-round.
Interested? Complete this form and we’ll contact you.
Eligibility & Applications
After School Program: Scholars age 11 to 15 living in Bridgeport or currently enrolled in grades 6 to 9 in a Bridgeport public or charter school.
- An application must be completed and signed by the student’s parent or legal guardian.
- All new scholars and their parent/guardian must interview prior to participation.
- Scholar must provide a copy of a current physical (within one year).
- Applications are accepted until spaces are filled.
Summer Program: Scholars age 11 to 15 living in Bridgeport or entering grades 6 to 10 in a Bridgeport public or charter school in Fall, 2023.
Questions? Contact Kim Johnson at 203-368-5548 or email email@example.com.
Enrolled Scholars: Call for Volunteers!
The Urban Scholars After School Program
Are you looking for a program where young teens can try new things and safely spend time with friends?
When: September – June 3:00 – 6:00 PM
- Program runs Monday through Friday on days when the Bridgeport Public Schools are in session.
- Scholars commit to participating for the entire program, unless noted at registration.
- Download the Urban Scholars Program After School Brochure for additional information.
Please complete and submit required forms:
The Urban Scholars Summer Day Camp
LifeBridge’s Urban Scholars Summer Day Camp operates June 27 — August 19 from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM. Scholars sign-up for the entire summer. The summer begins with a two-week sampler program, followed by a personalized schedule based upon their interests. Specialty areas include Visual Arts, Digital Media, Robotics, STEM, Sports and Fitness, Cosmetology, and Career Exploration. Academic Enrichment, Music Lessons, and Clubs provide additional ways to grow and have fun. Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks are provided. Camp is FREE. Interested? Please complete the online form and a staff member will contact you.
Please complete and print the forms below and return to Kim Johnson.