Urban Scholars Program
The Urban Scholars Program assists youth residing in The West End of Bridgeport, ages 11-14 and entering grades 6-8, by providing them with an array of academically engaging activities designed to promote learning and prosocial behaviors in a way that young people will find enjoyable.
The Urban Scholars Program will also integrate behavioral health services. Our goal is to help youth as they navigate life’s challenges and increase their opportunities to build resiliency.
The Urban Scholars After School Program
Are you looking for a program where young people can try new things and safely spend time with friends?
When: September – June 3:00 – 6:30 PM
- Program runs Monday through Friday on days when school is in session.
- Day Camp sessions will be offered during winter and spring break.
- Scholars commit to participating for the entire program, unless noted at registration.
- LifeBridge Community Services, 475 Clinton Avenue, Bridgeport, CT
- The Urban Scholars Summer Program is FREE of charge and limited to 50 participants.
Eligibility & Applications
Scholars age 11 to 14 currently enrolled in grades 6 to 8 in a Bridgeport public or charter school.
- An application must be completed and signed by the student’s parent or legal guardian.
- All scholars and their parent/guardian must interview prior to participation.
- Scholar must have a negative COVID-19 test dated after September 11.
- Scholar must have a physical within one year at the time of registration.
- Applications are accepted until spaces are filled.
The Urban Scholars Summer Camp Program
When: June – August 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Health & Safety
Health is our top priority at the Urban Scholars Program. Both staff and youth will receive a medical screening & COVID-19 test prior to participation. Spaces inside the building have floor markers to make social-distancing easy to observe. Individualized supplies of masks, hand sanitizer and disposable gloves will be provided. Program supplies will not be shared and high touch areas will be frequently cleaned during the day.
Call Kim Johnson at 203-368-5548 or email email@example.com
Applications may be picked up at LifeBridge’s front desk or contact Kim Johnson for an application to be emailed or mailed to you.