Urban Scholars Program
The Urban Scholars Program assists youth residing in The West End of Bridgeport, ages 11-14 and entering grades 6-9, by providing them with an array of academically engaging activities designed to promote learning and prosocial behaviors in a way that young people will find enjoyable.
The Urban Scholars Program also integrates behavioral health services. Our goal is to help youth as they navigate life’s challenges and increase their opportunities to build resiliency.
Interested? Please complete this online form and a staff member will contact you.
Location: LifeBridge Community Services, 475 Clinton Avenue, Bridgeport, CT
Cost: The Urban Scholars Summer Program is FREE of charge.
Eligibility & Applications
Scholars age 11 to 14 currently enrolled in grades 6 to 9 in a Bridgeport public or charter school.
- An application must be completed and signed by the student’s parent or legal guardian.
- All scholars and their parent/guardian must interview prior to participation.
- Scholar must have a negative COVID-19 test within 10 days of starting the program.
- Scholar must have a physical within one year at the time of registration.
- Applications are accepted until spaces are filled.
Health is our top priority at the Urban Scholars Program. Both staff and youth will receive a medical screening & COVID-19 test prior to participation. All staff and scholars are required to wear masks when indoors. High touch areas inside the building are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
Questions? Call Kim Johnson at 203-368-5548 or email email@example.com.
The Urban Scholars Program After School Brochure
The Urban Scholars After School Program
Are you looking for a program where young people can try new things and safely spend time with friends?
When: September – June 3:00 – 6:00 PM
- Program runs Monday through Friday on days when school is in session.
- Special programming will be offered during winter and spring break.
- Scholars commit to participating for the entire program, unless noted at registration.